17. On the first Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour stage, the various WCT bibs will be distributed according the WCT CHAMPION and SPRINT and YOUTH final standings in Ski Classics season 2021-22. In case of the Ski Classics YOUTH final standing winner is too old to compete on this category during the new WCT season, the following best-ranked athlete in age of competing for the new WCT season will wear the YOUTH bib.
18. World Classic Tour points are awarded according to the points table in Appendix 2.
For the stages Lysebotn Opp and Alliansloppet 15 km Individual, 100 points will be attributed to the top 30 athletes as stated on Appendix 2.
19. Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour CHAMPION and SPRINT points are awarded according to the point tables (Appendix 2). The daily leader of those rankings is the highest placed athlete in the general individual CHAMPION / SPRINT ranking and will wear the distinctive WCT CHAMPION/ SPRINT bib.
20. Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour YOUTH competition is reserved for athletes born since the 1st January 1996. The WCT YOUTH points are awarded according to the points scored by the athlete in the WCT CHAMPION competition. The daily leader of those rankings is the highest placed athlete in the general individual YOUTH ranking and will wear the distinctive WCT YOUTH bib.
21. Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour ATHLETE OF THE DAY will reward the athlete who has made the greatest effort and who has demonstrated the best qualities of sportsmanship. The prize, which is awarded at each stage is decided by a jury presided over by the race director.
22. Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour TEAM points are gathered from the team’s top two men WCT CHAMPION points and top single woman WCT CHAMPION points in each Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour’s stage, and the total WCT SPRINT points collected on each event by all the team members.
23. The Team standings of the World Rollerski Week will count as a regular 200 points event for the World Classic Tour TEAM competition (learn more about World Rollerski Week on the dedicated section on our website).
24. The bibs are provided to the various WCT ranking’s leaders at each stage. There is an order of priority: first the WCT CHAMPION bib, followed by the WCT SPRINT bib, then the WCT YOUTH bib. When a rider is leader of several general rankings, he/she only wears one bib: the one designated by the order of priority. The other bibs are then worn by the runners-up, the 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the corresponding general ranking. In case of the absence of a general ranking’s leader on a stage the leader bib will be worn by the runners-up, the 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the corresponding general ranking.
25. Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour Race Director may retain collected WCT individual and/or Team points if an athlete is violating rules in an event. A protest must be handed in to the Race Director within 60 minutes after the winner finishes the event by handing over to the Race Director or Jury a written protest, or emailing email@example.com, protest are handled according to FIS ICR-rules. All results are final one hour after the event winner has finished and the jury and/or race director has checked protests. Exceptions will be made in case of doping violation.
26. An athlete must finish the race in order to receive points for the distinctives bibs competitions.
27. In the case of a dead-heat between two competitors the points for the places will be added together and divided by two (e.g. in a dead-heat for 1st and 2nd places, both athletes will receive (200+170)/2 = 185 points).
28. If two or more athletes score the same number of points after the final event, the winner is the athlete who has:
a. The highest number of individual WCT wins during the season
b. The best results (i.e. most 2nd places, most 3rd places, etc.)
c. The best ranking on the WCT final stage.
This rule apply also for the team competition: If two or more teams score the same number of points after the final event, the winner is the team who has:
a. The highest number of WCT Team wins during the season
b. The best team results (i.e. most 2nd places, most 3rd places, etc.)
c. The best team ranking on the WCT final stage.
29. Each WCT TEAM participating in a Mitsubishi Electric World Classic Tour event shall have a representative at the race Team Captains meeting the day prior to the race.